In this theme, Disqus comment comes out of the box. But you have to do a small setup to fully work this Disqus comment within your site.
Enable Disqus comment
To enable disqus you need
disqus_shotrname for your site. To setup the disqus comment properly please follow the steps below.
- Go to disqus.com and sign up.
- After log in go to admin dashboard.
- Then follow the instruction and add your website there.
- At the time of adding your site you will get a disqus shortname, copy that.
- Now open disqus-comment.hbs file which is located in partials folder. At line number 7 you will see thefollowing code.
var disqus_shortname = 'example'; //replace "example" with your own shortname
- replace that example word with your own shortcode. It will look something like below.
var disqus_shortname = 'yourDisqusShortnameHere';
- Now save the file.
Disable / remove Disqus comment
If you want to remove the comment section in your site please follow the steps below.
- Open post.hbs file which is located in theme root folder.
- At line number 39 you will see this code
- Delete this line and save the file.